iPhone-maker rallies workers after China suicides

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by theheadguy, Aug 18, 2010.

1. theheadguy macrumors 65816

2. Kepesk macrumors member

Yeah, Foxconn has literally put nets around one of its factories to prevent suicides. This is one of the reasons I haven't gotten the iPhone 4.

3. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Okay everyone, we want you to stop killing yourselves ...

now back to work.

4. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

5. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

I disagree. Suicide is for people who are experiencing such a ****** life, the only way out of the hell hole is death.

6. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

You do realize that Foxconn makes more than just the iPhone, right. (Apple, Microsoft, Dell, Sony and many more all have contracts with Foxconn)

My iMac, Keyboard, Mouse, Desk, Printer, Stapler, Chair, Bookshelf, Drawers, Digital Camera, My Shoes, The Lamp I have sitting in the corner, 3 Hole Punch, Trash Can, A tube of Elmer's Glue, a pair Scissors, my 4 iPods, my iPhone, my iPad, my MacBook, my iPhone 4 Bumper that arrived yesterday, All of these stuff are found in my office right now, and it all came from some factory in China and its been said that Foxconn treats their employees better than other factories.

The sad fact is that no one cares where our products come from, the only think we care about is how soon can we buy it. (this doesn't just apply to gadget, does anyone care who makes your cloths?, does anyone care who made the blender in your kitchen? probably not, unless its all over the news, then all the sudden someone cares)

7. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

That chromium flavored milk you love so much.. also from China.