iPhone makes other Electronics 'hum' ???

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by agrats84, Feb 27, 2008.

1. agrats84 macrumors member

Only since I have had my iPhone have I noticed other elctronic devices 'humming' or making some weird static noises when I am near them.

Has anyone else noticed this strange phenomenon?

2. Divindude macrumors member

It's called GSM noise and is NOT limited to the iPhone. Any GSM phone will do it. My nokias/motorolas would make my bose car stereo do it.

3. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

On the plus side, you often get a second of buzz on your computer speakers before the phone rings.

I often answer my phone before the first ring has finished...kind of surprises the people on the other end!

4. JMax1 macrumors 6502

JMax1

yup! Anything with speakers will pick it up. I've even noticed it on my headphones (which is only slightly annoying!)

5. fedup flyer macrumors regular

My Moto Krzr does the same thing but my V551 didn't and both are quad bad GSM. Stranger part is when I when I upgraded to the Krzr it plays havoc with my digital cable (when on the phone) and so does the Iphone.

6. Coletrain17 macrumors member

Lol, glad to know im not the only one =P

What I usually do if I'm only using the Ipod function on my stereo, I just put the phone in airplane mode. This greatly reduces the noises =]

7. big_malk macrumors 6502a

It'll greatly reduce the number of calls you get as well ;)