iPhone making calls on its own (2g model)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sman789, Aug 7, 2008.

1. sman789 Customer Support

sman789

I got a launch 2g phone and it has made some calls by itself, while it's supposedly locked in my holster. It used to make calls to my house number immediately after making a call to it and hanging up. Recently it has made calls to different numbers at seemingly random times. A friend that has a 2g also has a similar problem.

I have tried searching to see if its a common problem but couldnt find anything related. (maybe i used the wrong terms to search)

2. nkatano macrumors newbie

3G iPhone makes random calls on its own.

Have you found an answer to your question? I have a 3G that does the same thing! While I am talking on the phone it will just dial some other random number and interrupt my conversation! It's so weird!

3. Jenee L macrumors newbie

iPhone making random calls

I've read where there's been issues with the iPhone making random calls since 2007 but there hasn't been any solution.

What's more concerning is that I was talking on the phone for about 5 minutes. I hung up and got a call from a friend that said he was returning my call from a few minutes earlier. I had NOT called this person, yet he said I left a voice mail. When he listened to it, the message was my conversation I had earlier! Making random calls are one thing, but when your conversation can be recorded on someone else's voice mail is unacceptable

I KNOW I am NOT 'accidentally' calling people. Something is wrong, but there's no one to get help from about this. But if enough people report the problem maybe Apple will step up with an answer.

4. Christine 50 macrumors newbie

I have had my iphone for six months, my phone makes calls on its own, and i only know they are happening when I hear a person saying hello. I am forever getting put on hold in the middle of a call, the phone starts ringing and I find its dailed all by itself, and the other person is on hold. My friends all know this happens to me so just expect it now, but its so frustrating. I am forever being put on hold, and I can hear my friends talking to me but they cant hear me, so have told them when this happens to tell me the phone has put itself on hold. I thouhgt I was going mad till I read these posts.

Christine

5. sman789 thread starter Customer Support

sman789

My last few months with the 2g (i upgraded to the 3g s around 2 months ago) I never really had the ghost calling problem. I made a conscious effort to make sure the phone was locked/screen off when I holstered it or put it in my pocket. With the 3g s, I haven't had any problems with random calls, I still make sure it's locked though.

6. grace368 macrumors newbie

3gs too

Hey, my iPhone 3GS has been doing a similar thing. I've only had it for four days, and it's already made 5 of these 'ghost' calls. The really stange this is it keeps calling itself. I got a new number so I added myself as a contact so I could remember it, and now it says missed calls form me! It is definatly not an accident on my behalf, as nobody was even in the house as my phone was charging when it says the calls were made. My bluetooth is off aswell. It has only called me so far. Help :(

7. gapingfly macrumors newbie

iphone sending MMS on its own

My iPhone 3g has been making calls and sending text messages with pictures attached (!) while locked and password protected. I've had it for almost a year and it just started. I store confidential data in my notes and those could also be sent via MMS. Now I'm afraid I'll have to delete my entire address book and stop using iPhone like a PDA because I can't trust it not to spontaneously send stuff to people without my knowledge or permission. Real nice, Apple. Please fix this.

8. Jenee L macrumors newbie

Random Calls Still Happening

I was on the boat a couple days ago with my iPhone on the dash when I heard it ring. I answered and it was a friend that was returning my call. I hadn't called him! Then last night my iphone was charging next to my chair and my mother called and said she was returning my call.

My phone stays locked when not in use.

What is happening? Can anyone explain this?

9. livemusic macrumors newbie

3g model

I bought a 3g in May 2009. My iphone regularly calls people unexpectedly. I can't figure out exactly what is the trigger but it's someone in my address list. One guy, I bet it has called him fifty times over several months. This happens with the phone just sitting on my desk, I am not bumping it or anything.

This is absolutely unacceptable. I will have the iphone in my pocket and won't even know it has dialed someone and they hear whatever I am doing.

It appears, from others' comments, that this continues to happen. So, I am not the only one. I want to buy another phone; I would buy the new iphone if I knew this has been solved. I have no idea if this also happens with other brands.

Very frustrating with a $400 item that is supposed to be the cat's meow.