iPhone malfunctioned, got a new one threw Apple

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chris227, Jun 1, 2011.

1. chris227 macrumors newbie

Today I took my iPhone to the Apple store and I got a replacement for $200. Thank god I didn't have to pay full retail. Anyway I just called Verizon and they said my warranty is no good with them because they didn't issue the replacement. I currently pay an extra $12 per month for this warranty.

Anyway I can go into my Verizon retail store and tell them the situation? Or should I just call Verizon and cancel my warranty? This is frustrating since Apple didn't inform me of this.

Also how long will Apple replacement my phone for $200? Is it just a one time thing?

2. John88, Jun 2, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2011

John88 macrumors member

Pretty sure it's not a one time thing for Apple OOW Service... The $12 you're paying monthly is insurance right? Your iPhone should have full coverage through insurance if it is. Did you try calling Asurion? If you're not worried about losing your iPhone, I would cancel the insurance, and just stick with the $200 replacements from Apple (as long as your iPhone is NOT lost/stolen or broken into peices you're good). You're paying $12 monthly fee for insurance + $200 deductible when submitting a claim, not worth it imo. I've never lost or had a phone stolen ever, but yeah it could happen anytime, I'll risk it and stick with Apple $200 replacements. I think Verizon might be denying you because the iPhone you exchanged to Apple was the one that was covered.