iPhone Maps App Crashes on Launch

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Sarghm, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Sarghm macrumors newbie

Hi there!

Basically, since I've had my iPhone, I've had a recurring problem - Maps crashes on every single launch. It shows a grey screen, and before even loading the grid or any form of map, it hangs for about 10 seconds or so, and then retreats back to the home screen. This happens upon every launch.

I've tried on all networks - Edge, 3G and Wi-Fi, and I get the same problem no matter which I select. I've restored, safe-restored, done everything that's been presented to me - but the problem seems to follow. Is it possible that the Apps I have loaded could pose an issue?

Thanks in advance.

2. Quincy9219 macrumors regular

Now this is an interesting problem. You said you did a full restore from back up? Try that again and if that does not fix the problem, take it to the Apple Store and have them look at it

3. Sarghm thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah, tried from startup - I do have news to report though, a restore to factory settings, no backup, makes the Maps tool work - but as soon as I start using it (texting, phoning), it begins doing the same thing again. Which is what makes me think it might be the apps :(

Thanks again.

4. Quincy9219 macrumors regular

This is weird, I have never heard this one before. It seems like it is somehow the same problem that caused the SMS lag before 2.1. Something must be cluttering it up. Do you use any apps that could be using the GPS antenna?

5. Sarghm thread starter macrumors newbie

Installed applications:

Facebook App
    Funky Punch Lite
    Monkey Ball
    Moop
    PuzzLoop Free
    Shazan
    TapTap
    Tris
    iPint
    Palringo
    Toxic Balls

As far as I'm aware, none of those use the GPS tracking.