iPhone Maps

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Angelo921, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Angelo921 macrumors 6502

When using the iPhones Maps and on the "Map" tab it shows a bunch of green and red lines for the roads. Are these supposed to show traffic congestion and if so it in real time?

2. DaveGee macrumors 6502a

Yep... I just noticed that on GMaps and I've been curious as to how accurate they were... I don't have an iPhone yet. :(

Dave

3. yoman macrumors 6502a

yoman

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1C25 Safari/419.3)

as with all traffic congestion reporting the information is slighly delayed. It mostly depends on how reliable you city traffic reporting system is. However its supposed to be real time.

4. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

In case you weren't aware, you can turn this on and off by tapping the "car" in the bottom right corner.

5. shalasz macrumors newbie

I live in L.A. and commute 43 miles each way every day to work. Traffic congestion is critical to me. I've been using the traffic feature on my iPhone and I find it surprisingly accurate. I've driven through long stretches and noticed that the spots where it shows as being very slow, are indeed very slow, and then the parts where it shows to be picking back, do indeed speed back up.

Just one of about a thousand reasons why the iPhone makes my life better.

6. johnnybluejeans macrumors 6502

I've found the realtime traffic on the iPhone Google Maps application to be very accurate as well on the East Coast (primarily Philadelphia).

7. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Google maps shows real-time traffic data on iPhone, Blackberry, Palm and Windows Mobile devices.

The data comes from traffic sensors in major cities, wherein the average speed is measured along stretches of roads.

On some phones, it will use the GPS as well.