iPhone Marketplace: Can we vote on this? :)

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by w8ing4intelmacs, Jun 9, 2008.

?

Do you like the new sub-forum "iPhone Marketplace"?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    58.8%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
  1. w8ing4intelmacs macrumors 6502a

I personally think it's a bad idea, especially as a sticky at the top of the regular Marketplace. I didn't notice that there were that many iPhone threads in comparison to others. I thought it was fine all together.

(A small gripe is that I'm not really looking to buy an iPhone but every time I check the Marketplace now, the first thing I see is "iPhone Marketplace" and I have to actually scroll to see new posts)

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

It's just a temporary thing while people clear out their old iPhones. We'll see how it goes to see whether it may stay or go, or be extended to other products.

3. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

There are a relative massive number of iPhone sales threads, just look in the forum.

For the time being it's just temporary while everyone offloads their old iPhones to make way for the new. The idea was to help stop everyone selling something other than the iPhone having their sales bumped off the first page which everyone likes to be on, and in turn prevent peoples temptation to bump their own threads.

oh, and there is no sticky at the top of the marketplace :confused:

4. w8ing4intelmacs thread starter macrumors 6502a

as of 10am, there was one thread posted to today, two threads yesterday, five threads on saturday.

there were 18 different threads posted today alone in the normal marketplace. (30 different threads posted to yesterday)

and sticky was just for lack of a better term. the marketplace shows the sub-forum at the top, before any posts (see my screenshot).

i don't mind the concept of an iphone marketplace, but does it need to be so prominent within the normal marketplace?

Attached Files:

5. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

We (obviously) feel it's justified, If we're proved otherwise it'll go. As already stated it's only there on a temporary/trial measure as it is. Let it be huh? It's not like it's getting in your way or ruining the marketplace "experience".

6. w8ing4intelmacs thread starter macrumors 6502a

I guess the answer to my question is: "no" :)

7. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

The thread is open, your poll is there, so yes you can have your vote. I'm just letting you know where we're coming from and our current opinion on the matter.

8. w8ing4intelmacs thread starter macrumors 6502a

lol. im sorry if my response seemed mean-spirited. i did put the smiley there :)

9. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

10. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I'm curious as to why the iPhone Marketplace subforum is in the Apple Hardware forum instead of the iPhone and iPod Touch Forums? I noticed it when I was setting filters for Forum Spy.

11. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Because it's a subforum of the general Marketplace Archive forum, which has long existed in the Apple Hardware section. Regardless, it's all going away in a few days as we transition to the new Marketplace forum for eligible members in the more-logical Mac Community section.

12. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios