Iphone may be bricked? please look

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by xdustin513x, Feb 10, 2010.

1. xdustin513x macrumors newbie

Ok, so the other night, i saw there was a new update and looked into if it will work on my phone and everything and have jailbroken my phone before, and i found a video on youtube that went step by step through it with redsnow. Wellll after i did it, my phone did not want to cooperate with what i just did and now i am stuck. When i plug it it, itunes says it my sim is not recognized, and when the main screen comes up on the phone, it will only allow me to make emergency calls. It still says my carrier (cincinnati bell) but no program will let me jailbreak it now and it does not seem to be locked. I have looked all around and have found no answers, all i want is to get it back to some firmware at all and to be able to work, i dont need 3.1.3 or anything just whatever i can to get it working. thanks

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Your phone has to be unlocked to use CinnBell sim.

With 3.1.3 you cannot unlock

So, you cannot use your sim.

3. xdustin513x thread starter macrumors newbie

well i was unlocked, and the phone worked fine, so now am i basically screwed?

4. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

if you have a 3gs, your phone can only run 3.1.3 right now, you cant downgrade...and if your phone wasnt factory unlocked, then you wont be able to use it for a while so i suggest you find a new phone in the mean time. there is no software that can jailbreak the 3gs running 3.1.3, but there is still hope. the dev team has the latest baseband exploit according to thelatinist's thread, but i doubt they will release it now. they will probably wait for 4.0 before they release it. but you never know.

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Yes, you were unlocked, but now that you updated to 3.1.3 it installed a new baseband that cannot currently be unlocked.

6. xdustin513x thread starter macrumors newbie

ohh ok, yeah i have a first gen so i was hoping that you could reverse it or something, well damn back to my ****** blackberry for a while ha.

7. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Wait...you have a 2g? Just jailbreak with Redsn0w and unlock with BootNeuter.

8. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

you can downgrade and rejailbreak.

someone help me here, is there no more baseband updates for the 1st gen iphone? i think i read somewhere that it can be unlocked on any firmware, including future ones. someone correct me if im wrong cuz i cant really remember and i dont have a 1st gen iphone.

also you can jailbreak with redsn0w...just point it to the 3.1.2 firmware. i think its redsn0w 0.9.3 for the iphone 1st gen, or is it 0.9.4? argh! its so confusing all this stuff lol. someone correct me if im wrong.

9. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Are you saying you have a 2G ?

If so, look at this http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=861221

10. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

11. xdustin513x thread starter macrumors newbie

alright thanks, i have tried redsnow but when i go to get into DFU mode it does nothing.... but ill try again

12. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Are you sure you need to be in DFU mode? I'm pretty sure that Redsn0w requires that phones be in regular recovery mode.

13. xdustin513x thread starter macrumors newbie

ok, ill just explain what im doing, and what the phone does, I turn it off, plug it in, open redsnow, put upload 3.1.2, check unlock and install cydia, then put in the bootloaders, then follow the directions, push the power for 3 secs, then hold home and power for 10, then it just goes black for the 30 seconds and nothing happens after that....

14. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

unplug the phone and turn it off. immediately when you plug it in hold the home button until you see redsn0w start to do stuff.

15. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Redsn0w tutorials

Windows

Mac

16. xdustin513x thread starter macrumors newbie

17. xdustin513x thread starter macrumors newbie

well again, did everything exactly how it said but 30 seconds went by and it didnt enter dfu mode, and red snow never did anything but tell me to look up how to get into dfu mode. ahh this is frustrating

18. upaymeifixit macrumors 6502a

upaymeifixit

OP, this may be an obvious question, but why are you using redsn0w? Can't you use Pwnagetool or something? Sorry if that's a stupid question.

19. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

cuz if he uses pwnage tool, he has to restore...therefore losing his data.

20. upaymeifixit macrumors 6502a

upaymeifixit

Ahh, I see, I think. But can't he just downgrade to 3.1.2 and unlock/jailbreak with pwnagetool then restore from a backup? Is there something I'm not understanding?

21. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

it takes like 2-3 hours to restore, sync, and restore from backup...atleast for me it does...redsn0w takes what? 3 minutes?

22. xdustin513x thread starter macrumors newbie

well im going to probably end up selling the phone, so completely restoring it would not be any big deal.... what would i do for that? (btw, im stuck at the emergency call main menu, with my carrier still on, and just recieved a text, and a call?) i thought in this mode it was basically useless

23. upaymeifixit macrumors 6502a

upaymeifixit

Doesn't redsn0w have to be "injected" during every boot up? What is the advantage, other than it's fast?

OP, If redsn0w isn't working, use a free program called Pwnage Tool. I would suggest you read this: Dev-Team Blog and download the program from there. It's a pretty simple process, jailbreak it using pwnagetool, and iTunes will recognize it as a new iPhone and let you restore from your most recent backup.

24. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

where are you getting your information from? your term "injected", is called a tethered jailbreak, and only occurs on ipod touch 2G's whose model number starts with MC, ipod touch 3G's, and iphone 3gs's with the new bootrom. stop suggesting pwnage...he doesnt need to lose his information.

25. upaymeifixit macrumors 6502a

upaymeifixit

I don't recall whom I heard it from, but no it was not a reliable source, and it was a question (which has yet to be answered). It doesn't sound like he will loose his data, it will just take him three hours. I'm only suggesting pwnagetool because it is something I use, and know about, and it seems to work flawlessly for me. What would you suggest that hasn't already failed the OP?