iPhone Meet??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RiceRacerDX, Dec 13, 2009.

1. RiceRacerDX macrumors 6502

So I just came across this idea while on my car forums. My car forum has annual meets, because they all share the same interests. We, here on macrumors, all share the same interests with (on this specific sub-forum) iPhones.

So would it be too outlandish to think that there should be a big centralized meet? A time and place where members of the forum can lug their iPhones around with them to a predetermined location and can even just hang out. A meet where we can put faces to screen names and share our common interests. Maybe even have some app fun (i.e. tournaments or everyone follow each other to the meet spot on Loopt) or contests for the best iPhone or whatever have you...

Just a thought...then again, may be a crazy thought since I'm going on a few hours of sleep for the past several days. But I do think I'm the first to bring such an idea up...so...

Discuss..

2. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I personally wouldn't meet a bunch of people just because they had an iPhone. I'm sure others may be interested.

4. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Good idea, but iPhones in general I don't think is going to cut it. On my daily commute I pass many iPhone users that I have no desire to talk to. :D

I've seen that there is that picnic that anjinhamarota mentioned but I'm not aware of something like this existing in the US. London is a little far for the people over here to travel for a forum meet-up. :D Not that we wouldn't be thrilled! Haha.

Try discussing in the Community forum rather than just the iPhone one.

Oh, and people kind of did this for iPhone 3G and 3Gs releases.

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I totally agree. It's not like the iPhone is a Lamborghini or Rolls Royce or anything. I would think it would be like going to the MVA (or DMV, depending on where you live).

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

^ LOL the DMV may actually be worth my while.

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

Hmm if thespaz is there

I might go :p you do know there is a whole forum section devoted to meet up!
    And I not traveling cross country to compare a black vs white iPhone :rolleyes:

8. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Have you seen how people treat each other on here? It would be a brawl within 2 minutes with Spaz screaming in the corner about pixels.

9. vrflyer macrumors 6502

vrflyer

Congrats on the WORST idea I've ever seen for 2009!

Car meet vs iPhone meet, great comparison, seriously?!?!:rolleyes:

10. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

LOL!!! This cracked me up. "My bezel is more lined up than your bezel!".

11. darngooddesign macrumors G3

This would have worked back when the iPhone was more rare.

12. bobr1952 macrumors 68020

bobr1952

Maybe more relevant would be what music they have on their iPhone.

13. RiceRacerDX thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, I'm using the iPhone as an example of common interests and just built ideas for a meet off of that. A US version of a macrumors London meet wouldn't be a bad idea either. Like I said, it's just an idea. Comparing a car meet to an iPhone meet is no different than any other meet. They all share common interests and can get together for a BBQ and discuss things on a common level. Flickr members have meets too and you don't need an expensive camera to be a part of it.

14. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

I go to car meets (hosted a few) to meet people but more importantly look at cars and talk about them

I have no desire to see people with iphones

If you want to meet people with similar interests that arent like also involving looking at sweet setups, go to like meetup.com

15. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

lmfao, geek wars..Yah!:rolleyes:

16. BOSS10L macrumors 6502a

Leave it to a 4-banger to come up with something like this. Maybe you guys could all get together and compare the case mods you've done? You know, unpainted fiberglass or plastic like the kind that is exhibited by 99% of the |337 street racers? :rolleyes:

17. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

I would come ONLY if the people that are members JUST for the iPhone needed to pass a special screening process. I've spent enough time in the MBP, OSX and other areas to see how ridiculous the people that come here just for the iPhone are.

18. lollicup macrumors regular

I would seriously punch like 5-10 of you guys If I ever met you in real life ( i'm talking about the anally retentive types)

better yet I would bring some sandpaper and apply it to all those "pristine" iPhones Puahaha

No lie, that would be some well earned jail time :p

19. DavieBoy macrumors 6502

DavieBoy

New Plan: iPhone Fight Club. Forget the meeting new people concept. Instead people just meet up to fight each other over which case is better and wether to unlock or not.

Personally I think that "RemoteTap" is the best vnc for iPhone, and I'll punch anyone in the teeth who disagrees" ha