iPhone Memory Boost - How Likely?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fabian9, Aug 29, 2008.

1. fabian9 macrumors 65816

fabian9

Hi guys,

I almost went into an O2 store yesterday to finally purchase an iPhone but then I remembered that the September ipod updates are not long to go now and I should probably wait and see if the iPhone will get a memory boost like it did last year shortly after its introduction.

So I was wondering, how likely do you all think this is? I remember it caused a bit of annoyance last year with early adopters, but probably more because of the price cut which came along with it. I doubt there will be a price cut this year, but a boost from 8 and 16GB to 16 and 32GB?

Regards,

Fabian

2. macintosh.apple macrumors 6502

There was no memory boost last year during September, just a drop.;)

3. alFR macrumors 68020

Try one of these:

[​IMG]

Be about as much good as asking on here. :)

Having said that, I'll speculate wildly and say "Not before MacWorld next year". I have no basis for that whatsoever apart from what you mention re: early adopters.

4. sparkyms macrumors 65816

Remember, in the UK the 16GB was indeed released shortly after initial release of the 8GB, but you need to take into account that the UK release was 4months after the USA got their hands on the iPhone.

a 32GB disk space boost is not likely until early next year.

5. barkomatic macrumors 68040

Apple is full of surprises and they certainly updated hardware immediately following a previous update before--but its not common.

There *will* be a 32gb iphone -- my guess is a release during the holiday season but it definitely won't be past the next Macworld.

When they do release it my iphone is going on craigslist. :)

6. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I will be very surprised if there is a 32 GB iPhone in 2008.

Beyond that, I have no idea.

7. heya macrumors member

This is what Apple does...bringing a new one in no time...it wont be long before we'll see an iPhone that "beats the iPhone";)

8. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

The "32 GB iPhone" threads are approaching "Only one speaker is working" levels....

9. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

I agree! You'd probably see a space bump in Feb! The next gen iPhone will only arrive in August or Sept as the first half will be too busy in 10.6!

10. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Seriously.

I'm just waiting for the "Will the 32GB phone fix the broken speaker problem?" threads.

11. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Additionally, as Moss would say "RAM IS Memory!" I think the word you're looking for is "iPhone Memory Capacity Boost -
    how Likely?" Unless you're really talking about the processor, in which case...

12. samiwas macrumors 65816

No no no...you got it all wrong. As soon as the 32GB comes out, we'll start seeing the endless threads saying "I can't fit my entire media life in 32GB, when will the 64GB come out??".

13. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

It's topic of the day... *sigh*

I say tomorrow we get back to discussing the broken speakers and long backups. :D