Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2015
I originally noticed my phone working slowly and messages particularly glitching when I downloaded iOS 8 my iPhone 5. Since my phone was almost 2 years old at the time and its storage was basically full I figured it was just from that. However I recently upgraded to a new iPhone 6 64gb and I'm having the same glitches. These glitches include messages not showing texts after saying I've received them until I've quit the app, opening messages and just having a white screen, messages showing notifications after I've opened the texts. I feel like the software on my phone is having issues is there anyway to fix it without restoring my phone and starting new

Joe Rossignol

Senior Reporter
Staff member
May 12, 2012
Canada
I originally noticed my phone working slowly and messages particularly glitching when I downloaded iOS 8 my iPhone 5. Since my phone was almost 2 years old at the time and its storage was basically full I figured it was just from that. However I recently upgraded to a new iPhone 6 64gb and I'm having the same glitches. These glitches include messages not showing texts after saying I've received them until I've quit the app, opening messages and just having a white screen, messages showing notifications after I've opened the texts. I feel like the software on my phone is having issues is there anyway to fix it without restoring my phone and starting new

While this is generic advice, I would recommend restarting your iPhone by holding down the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons together for about 10 seconds until the phone powers off and the Apple logo reappears. If the issues persist, and you do not want to restore your device, consider booking an appointment with your local Genius Bar if possible. They deal with these problems on the daily and may be able to provide a solution or run a diagnostic test to determine the root cause of the glitchy behavior. Good luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.