iphone messaging 200 sms plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vistadude, May 21, 2011.

1. vistadude macrumors 65816

I have the old 200 sms plan for $5. If I use the At&t myWireless app to choose the 1000 messages for $10, will I be able to later switch back to the 200 messages / $5 plan?

Thanks.

2. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

The plan doesn't exist any more. There is no way to select it. :cool:

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

4. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

This is the biggest reason that I haven't dropped my texting plan altogether. I use Google Voice for my primary SMS # (GV SMS Extension, and biteSMS to integrate w/ my iPhone), except for those times when I need to send or receive an MMS (mostly to or from my wife who doesn't have a smart phone). I use about 6 or 7 SMS/MMS per month, and I know it would be cheaper to pay per message, but I like the security cushion of having up to 200 at a flat rate. I've thought about dropping it, but if I find out that I want an SMS plan again I'd have to jump up to the next plan.

5. vistadude thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks for all the replys.

I have a similar situation as the last poster. I use a combination of the sms 200 plan and google voice for sms, but I'm nearing or going slightly over 200 messages every month as it's hard to use get people to use a different number for calling and sms. I figured it might be worth it to pay $5 more and be able to use only one number. Is there any method to count the number of texts you receive in google voice per month?

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

For me, this seems like the best approach.