iPhone messenger?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Pennyroyal, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Pennyroyal macrumors member

Has anything been tossed around or talked about regarding an answer to the BBM from Apple? Free SMS to other iPhones? Maybe like a twitter/facebook for iPhones exclusively with a search for nearby or something along those lines.

2. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

3. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I have never understood the point of bb messenger. You can just as easily text, or email since you both have... Wait for it... Blackberries.

So in short, No, I don't want this feature unless it takes 0 minutes away from the development of actual useful features.

4. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

5. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

I can't easily text someone in the US/Europe without having to pay $0.25 (or more) per message.

6. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

You've clearly never used BBM.

The iPhone is sorely missing a similar solution. I hope Apple launches some sort of awesome iChat when push comes out.

7. Mintin8 macrumors 6502a

Mintin8

I'd love to see iChat for iPhone. I would love talking to my friends who have Macs and iPhones over the iPhone. For messenger i guess IM+ will have to do. Although very unlikely an MSN app from microsoft would make life a lot easier!

8. jctevere macrumors 6502

BBM is virtually identical to SMS text messaging. However, the beauty of it is that it is completely free, providing you have a blackberry... I mean, I pay (I believe) $20 a month for unlimited texting... I definitely would not pass up on something as efficient as SMS if its free...

9. yalag macrumors 65816

SMS costs money.
    Email is not pushed. (unless you have exchange/mobileme)
    BBM is FREE and PUSH.

Think before you post.

10. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

Nope, it isn't.