iPhone messing up my itunes

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by entropyfl, Sep 22, 2016.

1. entropyfl macrumors regular

Sorry if this is duplicated but google hasn't been much help.

I've just got the iPhone 6s on iOS 10 and if I delete a playlist on my phone it deletes it on my comp.

Or my main annoyance is I've a got a playlist that I'm building up and when I update the phone with it again it wipes out the playlist on the comp and just reverts to the older version on the iPhone.

Any idea's? or is this is a know bug?

Only way to get round it is to wipe all music everytime and then start again which is very time consuming.

2. tehreflex macrumors 6502

In iTunes on your Mac/PC under the device settings, do you have "Manually Manage Music/Videos" checked? I can't remember the exact wording...

3. Cmd-Z macrumors 6502

Cmd-Z

Also, are you using iTunes Match? iCloud Music Library?

4. Shirasaki macrumors 604

Shirasaki

For me the worst case is having a duplicate playlist, but not what you say. There must be something wrong.

5. entropyfl thread starter macrumors regular

Hi Guys, Yes i've selected the option of manually manage the music but that didn't work either its all very odd.

Will have to see if a iPhone update solves it otherwise I might just wipe and restore the phone and start from scratch.

6. mrex macrumors 68030

mrex

few days ago i tried to importing/managing manually/syncing only selected/etc.. (after all my music disappeared from my phone few weeks ago) and after few hours i gave up trying to play with itunes. with itunes music library/syncing i was only able to sync all - if i tried to do anything else, it didnt do anything. Finally I just dragged and dropped songs from the music folder to itunes i wanted to have in iphone. of course this works only if you have songs on your computer.

and i also had lots of dubli/triplicates.