Iphone mic help , o2 and applecare.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Dickinstein, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Dickinstein macrumors newbie

Hi Guys

I have a i gen iphone i have owned since april last year which has been pwnd and runs with an O2 Simplicity Sim .

The problem is the mic has stopped working during phone conversations but works with voice recording applications . I have carried out a update on my phone to 2.2.1 from 2.2 and that made no difference . Having looked at here and a few other websites (apple.com) i came to the conclusion that its a hardware problem .

So i rang applecare and they have no record of my phone , when the guy went to get his supervisor i hung up as i came to the conclusion that they have no record of me because the phone was never officially activated .

My question is had aanyone else had hardware problems and had to send it back when the were using a pwned iphone and how did they sort it without activating the phone officaly and getting a contract?

Thanks

Andy

2. gjw4u macrumors 6502

How & where did you buy your iPhone?
    Remember that you will have to do a full restore before you bring the iPhone in for repairs.

3. Dickinstein thread starter macrumors newbie

From the uk apple online store. Used ziphone to activate it initialy . How can I send it to them if apple don't have any record of my phones serial no