iPhone microphone doesn't work?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MaxxTraxx, Apr 23, 2011.

1. MaxxTraxx macrumors 6502

Got my iPhone replaced a few weeks ago because of a stuck lock button, but now on the replacement phone they gave me, the microphone doesn't work.

Is this a widespread problem?

2. barkingDog macrumors regular

barkingDog

Hmm.

I just got my iPhone replaced yesterday because of a microphone which wasn't functioning. Weird thing is though, it would work when I was talking to someone on a call, but when I put an incoming call in Speaker Phone mode -- the incoming caller couldn't hear me. Also, the Facetime audio (on the other end) wasn't working either (e.g., the person was yelling into my iPhone screen "I can't hear ya, bud!")

Apple said, since it was partially working, that it must be a software glitch and told me to do a full software/factory reset, but it was to no avail. Argh, don't ask how long that took.

So they finally swapped it out.

Anyway -- back to your question: Not sure how widespread it is. Just hope I don't get a "stuck lock button" now. :p

3. Vizin, Apr 23, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  4. G-Mo macrumors 6502

G-Mo

Just return the replacement for another...

(Not sure why this warrants a thread?)

5. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

No problems like this. Its just a fluke. Apple will fix it no problem

6. barkingDog macrumors regular

barkingDog

I'm guessing the OP had this idea in mind already.

Because the OP asked "Is this a widespread problem?" regarding microphone issues.

Then again, a fresh thread regarding "iPhone 5 speculation" or "When's the next White iPhone arriving??" might be better suited (err, 'warranted') for some folks.

Eh, this is a public forum. Ideas/topics/threads/banter get thrown about at will. I appreciated the opportunity to chime in. :D