iPhone Middle East and arabic language support, when?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kwfl, Dec 8, 2007.

1. kwfl macrumors 6502

when will apple launch their iphone in the middle east? (like UAE, Saudi Arabia and the rest of Gulf countries)

i am sure people there will buy many of them. Normally phones are bought rather than obtained with a contract. people buy Nokia and Sony erricson phones at their launch for prices that are $1000+ and i am sure apple can find a way to market their iphone in the middle east.

and the iphone is there even now.
    people buy hacked and unlocked iphones from the US or wherever and they even built arabic language support for SMS. i dont think they made it up to PHP support for safari. but soon i think.

i dont live in the middle east now, but it will actually help if they launch it there so we can enjoy some arabic language support. the thing we miss everywhere we go. adobe for example, issue their products without arabic support. they issue another version called Middle Eastern but months latter and the updates are even latter than normal edition updates.

i thought someone here heard about some news about this.
    anyone?

2. thirdeyeopen666 macrumors 6502

thirdeyeopen666

Check out iphone4arab.com... from what I can tell they are able to display fonts, but not ligatures yet.... so still relatively useless.

3. kwfl thread starter macrumors 6502

that is something different,
    they have a different version of SMS that reads and writes arabic
    they even read arabic in the original SMS by adding something to it
    as arabic is a right to left language, the letters are there but they are reversed, so someone managed to reverse them and they work fine now, but i havent tried it as my iphone is still clean.

and i doubt this site has any news about the lauch of it in the middle east, we need someone with connections with apple.