iPhone Mini/ Smaller iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by alexboy45, Mar 7, 2008.

1. alexboy45 macrumors regular

Why do people want a smaller sized iPhone. i think the size is just right. i have used smaller phones and find them harder to use due to the smaller button size. If it was smaller then you would not be able to watch movies on it and the keyboard in portrait will be really difficult to use

2. MikeDTyke macrumors 6502a

You're right regarding screen size, no one wants a smaller one. But think if they dropped the amount of flash to say 2 Gigs and made it as thin as the ipod touch, that would make a very tasty junior partner in crime.

M.

3. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Smaller? Probably not, but maybe just to the point of the iPod Classic form factor. But I guarantee you there are millions who would use something scaled down to the point your grandma could use it. Put the iPod stuff plus just basic phone functions (phone, contacts, voicemail) for $299 and you would get a lot of buyers. I can tell you that my mom has absolutely no use for all the Internet stuff on the iPhone. But if it could make using a cell phone easier, she'd perhaps be into it. It's kind of like how a lot of people loved the iPod w/Video, but that didn't stop the Shuffle and Nano from selling without any video capability.