iPhone Misremembers Start Time Flags

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Aidoneus, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Aidoneus macrumors 6502

Whenever I play certain songs in the iPod app on my iPhone 4 (4.2.1, but the problem occured pre-upgrade as well), the phone seems to have incorrect metadata for the Start Time flag.

I've checked the metadata on iTunes, and it is 0:00, but when playing certain songs, the iPhone will always start at another point (EX: Nightmare by Avenged Sevenfold always starts at 5:44). I've checked and double checked the data in iTunes, restored the phone completely, and still the problem persists.

The phone clearly has the whole file, as I can pause and rewind to the beginning of the some, it just behaves exactly as if the metadata was wrong.

Any ideas?

2. b0blndsy macrumors 6502

For me it seems like you have Remember playback position option checked for the song.

3. Aidoneus thread starter macrumors 6502

Have just checked again, and I do not.

Also, I probably should have added that the songs play fine in iTunes, no problems whatsoever. This problem is exclusive to the iPhone.

4. b0blndsy macrumors 6502

That's quiet strange, try adding the songs again. Though its just a hit n trial I am suggesting you :cool:

5. Aidoneus thread starter macrumors 6502

Does anyone else have any problems similar to this? The problem seems to be completely random, happening to songs imported from CD, downloaded from the iTunes Store, and MP3s i've made from scratch myself.

6. ryannazaretian macrumors 6502a

ryannazaretian

I made a thread the other day, no one replied...

Try to restart your phone (Just turn it off, turn it back on), and see if that fixes it.

All my songs would start at like 0:00:05.
    I've had that happen, and another problem where my music would not want to play at all since 4.2.1.