iPhone MMS - It is coming!! (proof)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bwaadass, Jun 30, 2008.

1. bwaadass macrumors newbie

2. know-it-all5 macrumors 6502

3. agirton macrumors regular

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Holy **** someone needs to do a search and this isn't proof.
    I vote for wasteland.

5. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

6. ayzee macrumors 6502a

ayzee

Dont think i could bring myself to pay for MMS when I have a fully internet enabled phone. But many people do use it so hopefully its true

7. know-it-all5 macrumors 6502

what happens when you are sent an mms message, and u have an iphone. Are you charged for anything? How does that work on att?

8. Nicholas.C macrumors 6502a

It doesn't show.

9. knelto macrumors regular

You aren't charged for anything. You get a text from the person and it says something like "You have been sent a picture! Go to viewmymessage.com" and it gives you some ungodly user name and password that blows with no copy and paste. To top it off, viewmymessage.com hardly ever works on the iPhone anyways, so it's pretty useless anyways.

I never use MMS. Sent one picture once to see if it worked from my iPhone and I've received one MMS and had to wait until I was near a computer to view it. Part of me doesn't want MMS on the iPhone because I prefer email, but the other part of me wants it come so people can stop complaining about it.

10. sara123456 macrumors member

Yeah i seen this 3 weeks ago and its the T-mobile hacked phone :)

11. bwaadass thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry about the old news!

I would like MMS added because my friends (and family) have older phones which don't support email... But it's not a deal-breaker.

12. jamesarm97 macrumors 65816

Another mention of MMS:

Subscribers who sign up for a 24-month contract can purchase an 8GB iPhone 3G for about $377 ($2938 HKD) or a 16GB model for around $479 ($3738 HKD) when choosing a $24 ($188 HKD) per month service plan that includes 500 basic minutes, 500 heart-to-hear minutes, 25 multimedia content messages, 15 text content messages, 500 MB of data usage and unlimited Intra SMS messages.

13. philgilder macrumors 68000

i used that app a few months back - its SwirlyMMS

14. zoralink macrumors newbie

it's not apple

the app on that website is one that was made by someone for jailbroken iphones with the installer app, i had it, it was called swirly MMS, now obviously they could just be making it officially with better features (as video files was mentioned in the article but not on the app i had) as this is what apollo IM is now doing. However, it could just be a random screenshot of the current version which I already use.

Just wanted to make that clear, sorry if this is already known.

first post btw hi everyone!