Iphone Mocha VNC Lite Control Alt Delete (Ctrl Alt Del) Solution for Windows PC users

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by topmac, Aug 22, 2008.

1. topmac macrumors newbie

I found a solution for logging in and cotrolling a Windows PC with the Iphone using Mocha VNC. I previously found that Control Alt Delete (Ctrl Alt Del) was lacking when logging in to Windows PC computers using the Mocha VNC Lite program on your iphone. So, here is the information and step-by-step instructions to control your PC from your iphone. It works great for me.

1. Mocha VNC Lite DOES NOT have Ctrl-Alt-Del.

2. The full Mocha VNC program DOES have Ctrl-Alt-Del. Spend the measley $6 and buy the full VNC. You can buy it from the App store (by pressing the blue button with the white circle and letter "A" on your Iphone, searching for "VNC", selecting the full and not the lite version. Click on the price and then click on "buy." After a while it will download to your phone.) Once it fully downloads, press the VNC button to open the application.

2a. Next, download the free VNC lite program on your PC and install it. Once installed, open the program. Click on the Authentication tab. Click on the Configure button. Choose a password. Click OK. Click OK again.

2b. If you have a router, open port 5900 on your router if it is not already open. Call a computer tech guy or pay a few bucks to a cheap Indian support company such as www.iyogi.net if you don't know how. This is very important in order for the remote program to work. If port 5900 is already open, skip this step.

2c. With the VNC application open on your iphone, click "Menu" and then click "Edit Connections." Click on a "not used" connection. Enter the i.p. address of your computer. Leave 5900 as the default port unless instructed otherwise by your i.t. person. Enter the same password that you chose in "2a" above. Name your connection (such as "Home computer" or "office computer"). Turn "save password" on if you want to save your VNC password. (You make have to pay a few bucks extra to your service provider to have a "static i.p. address" - one that doesn't change, so that you can consistently log into the same i.p. address every time.)

2d. Click "connect" and wait for it to connect. If it does not connect, call an i.t. person or a service.

3. Unlike the free VNC lite, full VNC has 2 keyboards from which to select at the bottom of the screen.

4. To enter a user name and/or password to log into Windows, select the 2nd keyboard.

5. Select the ">>" key.

6. Press the single "ctrl alt del" key.

7. Press the keboard icon at the top of the screen to take you back to where you can see the 2 keboards at the bottom of the screen again.

8. This time, select the 1st keyboard at the bottom of the screen.

9. Touch the user name and/or password box.

10. Enter your user name and/or password.

11. Hit the "return" key.

If you have done the above and entered the correct user name and password...you SHOULD be in. If not, call a tech guy to help you. If they know their stuff it should be easy for them.

Good luck.
    --------------
    www.1-800-COMPANY.com

2. Kyeris macrumors 6502

Imo, if you're just trying to get to the task manager and don't wanna buy the full version:

start -> run -> taskmgr

But if that's not what you're using control alt delete for, then it's different. (not trying to flame or anything, just posting an alternative)

3. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

From your title I assumed you had a workaround for the lack of ctrl-alt-del for windows logon when using the lite version of VNC. Then I see your solution is to buy the full version. Why are you even mentioning the lite version at all? :confused:

4. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

I noticed that too. It made me "LOL".

5. topmac thread starter macrumors newbie

To make it searchable

I'm just trying to help people and I thought adding the word "Lite" would make it easier to find on the search engines just in case someone typed the word "lite" in their search. I don't have any connection to the VNC company I mention in the post...just trying to help people.

All the best.

6. diegofelipe macrumors newbie

Get the free app POCKETCLOUD. It is great and has got CTRL ALT DEL WIN PAGE UP/DOWN HOME and FN keys. No need of VNC MOCHA LITE if you cannot even login to Windows XP / 7 with the most used and common way!!!

Cheers.