iPhone moisture sensors

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by plaestation, Sep 9, 2010.

1. plaestation macrumors newbie

Hey guys,
    I've been reading up on some moisture sensor issues people are having. I just applied an invisibleshield to my iPhone 4 and my external water sensors (both) are still white. I wouldn't know about the internal ones though...
    Has anyone been denied warranty for an internal water sensor trip despite the external ones being white?

Thanks.

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

The only way you can be denied service for the internal sensors being tripped off is if you were to send your iPhone in to Apple Care for service. An Apple Store Genius employee wouldn't be able to see this.

Can I ask why do you think that applying an invisibleshield would trip off the internal water sensors? (or even the external sensor)

3. plaestation thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info.
    To install the IS you have to use water. Plus I installed it in a steamy bathroom because that helps with keeping dust out of the air so I've heard.

4. chembox macrumors 6502a

I don't believe the iPhone 4 has internal moisture sensors like the previous models, I could be wrong...

5. plaestation thread starter macrumors newbie

really? may I ask how you know?

6. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

Some people reported that, but then others said it was wrong.

7. jacollins macrumors 6502a

My understanding is it takes more than one sensor to be tripped. I can't quite think of a situation where the inside sensors would be tripped and the outside ones would not.

8. jacollins macrumors 6502a

There was a guy that disassembled an i4 live on one of Leo Laporte's netcasts. The guy pointed out 4 sensors, one in the top, one in the bottom, and 2 inside.

9. chembox macrumors 6502a

Well then, that's great to know. :)