iPhone more reliable than android?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by VulcanHybrid, Aug 10, 2014.

1. VulcanHybrid macrumors newbie

I have both. One is a samsung galaxy s5 and the other is an iPhone 5s. I never intended to fall for my iPhone but I did and even though the galaxy is on a contract, I spend more time with my iPhone. People who usually contact me on my galaxy prefer to contact me on my iPhone. With WAY more apps on hand, a better battery life and a sleeker look, is the iPhone truly more reliable than an android? Better?

2. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

3. iolinux333 macrumors 68000

KitKat is pretty stable these days. I'd say they're about equal in reliability now. (i.e., equally crashy) though Apple in general uses microphones and audio circuitry and codecs that are a cut above all android phones save for Motorola.

4. 960design macrumors 68020

We could answer better if you balanced your question:

1) Android is an operating system
    2) iPhone is a mobile device

Not sure what you wish to compare here; the iPhone Vs the Galaxy s5 or Android vs iOS.

5. cynics macrumors G3

iPhone more reliable than android?

Depends on the device. I used Android for work and iOS for personal now I use iOS exclusively.

That said I found iOS more reliable in the iOS 5/6 and Android Gingerbread days.

But currently I feel Android has stepped up their game while the introduction of iOS 7 while a step forward in features it's a step backward in reliability.

So my opinion is they are about the same.

Now throw devices in the mix with there own skin of Android there is no telling the outcome but generally it's less reliable (more buggy).

6. mjschabow macrumors 65816

Yep. If I ever went back to android I would only want the pure android experience like you find in the Nexus series.

7. Stayfly2407 macrumors 6502

Stayfly2407

8. Carlosgomes macrumors member

I've been using Jelly Bean for the first time since one week ago and what a mess. Usability is its weakness, in my opinion.

Wanna turn off celular data? You'll get a pop-up asking you is you're really sure, as if it was something irreversible and unexpected to do.
    Wanna edit your contact's phone number? Enjoy trying to figure out if they took the hardest on purpose.

Yes, I know that Jelly Bean is two years old, but still, when compared to iOS 6, Android is a $30 prostitute while iOS is Gisele Bündchen.

9. PixelpusherBV macrumors member

Can't answer that question (as Ive never used Android) , not sure if anyone can catagorically answer one way or another. That said, there's been very little that my iphone can't do that I want it to do, so I'm happy with it. The resale value of my idevices never fails to amaze me though and in that aspect alone I think it's better then most Android devices.

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I find my HTC One (M7) purchased July 2013, running KitKat 4.4.2 to be very reliable. I have the apps, widgets, etc. I want running without any problems.

11. SpasticPat macrumors 6502

SpasticPat

I had a moto x for a while a few months back and it worked just as well as iPhone in my opinion. I just prefer iOS more, I like the way it looks and works, it's just personal preference. I have nothing against Android or Android users at all and feel it's a good thing that there's different options available.

12. Paragka macrumors newbie

Cant really tell but had a lot of problems with my iPhone 5 and iOs7 too slow...

13. C DM macrumors Westmere

On iPhone 5? It's been just fine at least since iOS 7.1 in my experience.

14. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

Sounds like something else is at work here.

15. juanrp macrumors 6502a

juanrp

I've used the iPhone, the device
    And android, the OS.

They're both good but I prefer iPhone, with iOS, than a phone with android, the OS.

16. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Reliability comparisons between iOS and Android is like comparing the fitness of two people based on the size of their noses.