iPhone Mortgage Calculator

ThanatosId

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2007
Here's a new iPhone application, iPay, a Mortgage Calculator. Please let me know what you think. Thanks.
Glad you added that. It will come in handy. 2 suggestions though...can you add a clear fields button to start fresh and when it loads on the iPhone, it is tiny. I know zooming brings it forward, but then it floats on the screen rather than scrolling only up and down. Otherwise, thanks again...great tool.

DrMoray

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2007
North Carolina
Perhaps its not obvious, but when you tap on one of the fields and bring up the keypad there's an "AC" button which resets all of the fields. Do you think it should be on the main screen too?

I'll work on getting the scaling better (bigger).

Thanks for looking, I'm glad you like it.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I don't have an iphone but I tried the link and it works fairly well. You should try to get it to put out an amortization schedule in excel format. :)

DrMoray

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2007
North Carolina
I believe I fixed the scaling problem. Could someone with an iPhone please let me know if it looks right? It should just about fill the screen (width wise) and scroll just a bit to catch the last 2 fields.

Thanks in advance.

hotsauce

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
Wirelessly posted (Apple Communication Device: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1C25 Safari/419.3)

DrMoray said:
I believe I fixed the scaling problem. Could someone with an iPhone please let me know if it looks right? It should just about fill the screen (width wise) and scroll just a bit to catch the last 2 fields.

Thanks in advance.
nope,
still having to zoom in. Great work regardless.

DrMoray

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2007
North Carolina
I think I found the problem this time. I copied and pasted the <meta name="viewport" content="width=250" /> line into my code and didn't realize that the source I copied it from used so-called "smart quotes" instead of "straight quotes."

Anyone willing to check it one more time for me?

Thanks again.

benqmark

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2008
we are looking to refinance our mortgage.

Okay, we are looking to refinance our mortgage. We had a bad experience with a mortgage broker the first time around. Aside from the BBB, are there any websites where I can find others' opinions/experiences with mortgage companies? Where can I find others' opinions on reputable mortgage companies? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you all.

Nde

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Nice. I have been using the HP12C to do my mortgage and interest rate on my iphone. Your app will speed things up. Thanks.:D

emma123

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2010
Thanks

thanks Drmoray for sharing this link. I was thinking the same application i can use and woala!!! i found this via your post.. Thanks.. This app is working great with my work as well as with my iphone :)

kiroshimasylvia

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2010

I think that you need to check and see, my understanding is that flood insurance is available. One of the problems that the public may encounter is an agent that has not been to flood insurance education to sell it. That might have alot to do with it.. I think he said the other day that 33% of the claims for flood, were not in the flood plain. But, most people will not buy due to paying another premium….
=========================
Mortgage Advice