iPhone Most Dangerous Phone Ever?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Full-Throttle, Jun 11, 2009.

?

Is he correct that the iPhone is dangerous?

1. He is Right?

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. He is Wrong?

18 vote(s)
    90.0%
  1. Full-Throttle macrumors member

The doctor in this video claims that the iPhone is the most dangerous phone ever.

http://products.mercola.com/blue-tube-headset/?source=nl

I think he is wrong and does not know what he is talking about. In the beginning of the video he claims that radio frequencies in Hz range are dangerous but higher frequency GHz signals are fine. He then goes on to say that Bluetooth headsets are dangerous, but don't Bluetooth headsets operate at 2.4GHz?

Do iPhones really act as relay stations for each other as he claims? I am pretty certain that statement is false, but I am not positive.

Here is his Wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Mercola

I am interested to know what you all think.

2. The General macrumors 601

All phones on AT&T use the same frequencies. This whole "radio frequencies = dangerous" thing is a loud of crap.

Right now, there are hundreds if not thousands of radio signals going through your body. Everything from GPS satellite signals, to cell phones, to AM and FM radio, short wave radio, wifi, bluetooth, etc ... If radio frequencies caused any sort of bad things, we would ALL be experiencing these medical issues.

3. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

Kind of like cancer?

4. The General macrumors 601

Nice strawman.

5. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

Yeah, he comes and goes when he wishes.

6. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

So your phone relays the signals of other phones to the tower? I had no idea.

7. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

The doctor in that video is trying to sell you something.

Looking at his wikipedia page isn't exactly encouraging, laser-assisted detoxing being just one of the quack remedies he supposedly espouses.

8. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

What if the "bad thing" is that 50 years of cell phone use damages your head?

We'd have no way of knowing that, now would we?

Look, I'm not gonna worry about it, I use all this technology every day. In addition, I think this doctor is a quack with no proof. I'm gonna keep using my iPhone.

That being said, saying that we KNOW it's perfectly safe is also a lie. We'll know 50 years from now once we've seen the entire lives of the first cell phone users.

9. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

The iPhone might not be the MOST Dangerous phone in sense as mentioned by the OP but still its the only phone with which you have to be uber cautious about messing around, lest it bites you.... or bricks it self!

10. steviem macrumors 68020

steviem

The biggest danger of iPhone ownership is robbery (ie the white headset on display)

11. Full-Throttle thread starter macrumors member

I already stated in my original post that I disagree with him. I just want to know what people that read MacRumors think.

12. FearNo1 macrumors 6502a

There were a few studies on the amount of radiation emitted from cell phones. Not sure if the iphone was mentioned. It does make you wonder. I'd like to see stats on the incidence of cancer since cellphones have been created.