iPhone most problematic apple product EVER.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by harryhood, Sep 2, 2008.

1. harryhood macrumors regular

Alright so I bought the new iphone 3G day it came out. I have been using it and have problems since day one. I rarely go a day without some problem with my phone. I'm wondering if my specific phone is f'd up, if its the apps on my phone, if its the firmware, if its all iphones? Heres my problems:

•My phones freezes during application use, phone calls, text messages, everything..Daily - this often ends up with having to restore my phone (which the backups never work)

•I'm sure everyone enjoys the 35 minutes backup every time you plug your phone in, but i guess i can understand the point - so that if your phone ever does DIE then you have all your information - right? Right. Well my phone has died. 3 times. For no ****ing reason. So the 100 times i have had to wait 35 minutes for my stupid phone to back up actually turn out to be completely pointless and a waste of time.

So each time my phone died and lost all the information, I plug it in and restore it. I then chose from a list of backups. When i pick one it starts to load and says "BACKUP CORRUPT". Why? I have no ****ing clue. This happened 3 different times, with 3 different back-ups.

•Text messages. Why the **** is it everytime that i try and text - the typing is delayed by 5 seconds a touch. This doesnt happen once a week, or a few times. It happens 4-5 a day. Gets REAL old. Also why the HELL can you not turn off auto texting? I try and type in very simple things and it wants to change everything i try and type to what "the iphone" "thinks" i'm trying to say. NO.

•I just recieved my first bill from AT&T. Guess how much? $248.36. WOW I really love paying a quarter of a thousand dollar for a phone that is ****ed up. My phone plan is the $89.95, and I have $15 text messages. So $105 a month turns into $250? OKAY!?

Sorry if I sound like a hater or insane. I'm not. Just fed up. I love apple and have NEVER had any problems that weren't easily solved. Do you think my phone is just ****ed up or what? Should I just goto the Apple store and get a new phone? I don't even want to bother if this **** is going to persist. Its not worth it. Do you guys have similar problems?

/rant

2. MotionxxUSxx macrumors 6502

Hmm, I dont have any of these problems. Get a new phone. In terms of the bill, I think ATT charges you a full month in advanced along with the current month. This happens whenever you sign a new 2 yr contract.

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

You are what we term an irrational person.

1) If you are having the problems you describe, call Apple Care or restore the firmware (with out using any backup files).

2) The Backups are a pain for all iPhone users, but if you reduce the number of 3rd party apps you have on your iPhone until that is fixed next week you'll have faster backup. Also, locate and destroy your existing backups, as they are likely the cause of the corruption, or your computer's hard drive is having problems.

3) The SMS problem is usually due to a file corruption (hence the suggestion in #1), a large number of stored messages, or will be fixed with 2.1.

4) The first bill is for the previous month and the following month. at&t (and Cingular before it) always show the next month on the bill, but if you pay attention, it is not due until the end of that month.

If you were to take some time to search, you would find answers to your questions, and not have to rant pointlessly here. If you really having these problems, call Apple Care, that is why it comes with the phone. If they can't fix the problems to your satisfaction, they will replace the phone.

TEG

4. harryhood thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the quick response. No need to be so ****ing salty.

I have never restored using a backup - because it never worked. How should I go about deleting my back-ups?

5. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

1.Preferences>Syncing

2.Select a backup and click 'Remove Backup'

Repeat step 2 as necessary till you've removed all backups

6. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

get a new one

my phone takes ilke 5 minutes to back up

7. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

I'm sorry, but I have to chuckle whenever I see a thread with a title like this...

Ya durn younguns have never had the pleasure of using an Apple ///, have you? :D

8. icewing macrumors 6502

In addition to deleting your backups, also delete any apps you have downloaded directly to your phone, rather than through iTunes. Doing both cause my backups to go from 120-30 mins to 6 mins.

9. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Only an Apple /// G :)

OP - Speak to Apple care, or go to a store to sort out the phone's problems. The billing is normal, and either explained to you at sale, or in the contract you signed. Back up length can be minimised somewhat by not saying yes to sending crash and error data to Apple - it's a screen that pops up at the start when you've first used the phone with iTunes. Bad luck on getting corrupted files, as it sounds that's causing most of the problems.

10. techguy1 macrumors regular

Try apples beta version 3 iPhone with NO 3G ;)

Attached Files:

11. H macrumors newbie

Go and get a new phone. I do not have any of above problems either. Mine usually takes 1~2 minutes for a back up and no txt delays whatsoever. With regard to the bill, you should have read terms and conditions thoroughly before you have signed off the contract. The first bill includes the activation fee, first month charge and also the following month's.

12. harryhood thread starter macrumors regular

So I should only download apps through itunes, not through the phone - is that what you mean?