iPhone motorcycle mount

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by GTDaveMac, Dec 22, 2009.

1. GTDaveMac macrumors regular

Anyone here ride a motorcycle? I wrote-up my installation here, and I am very happy with it.

http://bit.ly/8rs8Ix

2. uneek1 macrumors regular

Very cool! Although I think I would rather you be watching the rode while your on your bike..for your sake ofc :D

3. cal6n macrumors 68000

cal6n

Did you even start to read Dave's blog? He addressed your issues in his second paragraph.

@ Dave: Nice one mate. I set my Trophy up with a USB power supply so that I could use Googlemaps from the map pocket on my tank bag. Unfortunately, the bag held it at an angle that was virtually illegible in daylight and the phone got really hot. I'll have a look at putting a dedicated mount in place ready for next year's touring.

4. GTDaveMac thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks... and for the other guy; yes, staying alive is my number one priority. That's why the audio turn by turn directions are great.

I've taken the Basic and Experienced Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) courses as well as a special half-day cornering course taught by the California Superbike School. In the basic course, they don't want you to ever look at your speedo. Watching the rode and the other (bad) drivers is very important.

It doesn't mean this setup can't be used safely.