iPhone movie with Sun in the background. Howto fix with iMovie?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Quotenfrau, May 19, 2012.

1. Quotenfrau macrumors 6502

Quotenfrau

Hi

I made a full HD iPhone movie of a my son. Sadly the Sun in the background, so the clip of my son is bad (glare). Howto fix with iMovie?

I don't know the proper expression so I didn't found KB article at Apple :mad:

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

With the clip in an iMovie Project, click on the cogwheel at the lefthand end of the clip and select Video Adjustments. You can make various adjustments in there, but I think trying to get rid of the flare may be asking a bit much.

3. Quotenfrau thread starter macrumors 6502

Quotenfrau

Why? I tried (and errored) but I doesn't get better

4. ppc_michael Guest

ppc_michael

Indeed, it may not be possible to fix. With the heavy compression and optics used in the iPhone (among other low end video cameras), it often only records exactly what you see, and throws away any additional detail that you could normally recover in post.

If you can post a frame from the video, we could tell you if there's even a chance. If anything, you could play around with brightness and contrast settings, or curves and levels if iMovie has those controls.

5. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Because the brightness of the flare is too much for iMovie's contols to correct.