iPhone multi touch interface used with a Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Grecko Fish, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Grecko Fish macrumors newbie

Hey Guys,

I was sitting down thinking about how to get the functionality of multi touch onto a macbook pro and thought of a concept.
    Why not link an iPhone via bluetooth or wifi to your macbook pro?

The :apple: iPhone would use onboard software to control the front most window on the mbp and zoom on the window, rotate it, zoom out, scroll, use touch controls etc...
    This same software component would need to be used on the mbp so that the two could communicate correctly.

Here's the concept image that i threw together. Let me know what you think of my idea. :)

Thanks,
    Grecko

[​IMG]

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/eckofish

2. docprego macrumors 65816

While clever (and nice mockup!) I don't think Apple would ever take this approach. They are all about elegance, minimalism, and simplicity. Having an external device (even if it is an iPhone) control a notebook is not like them. Instead I would expect a variation of your idea where the touch interface is integrated into the notebook, perhaps replacing the entire mousing surface.

3. MyNewSolstice macrumors newbie

I think you may see a keyboardless laptop at the keynote this week...It is ultra slim so a great way to cut size...PS if it is true I called it!

4. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

I expect something like this in the new Apple stuff announced soon in fact.

I think you need feedback for this to be usable. I don't see them going that way.

Who knows though?