iPhone music app(Jailbroken)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by DerekRod, Feb 8, 2012.

1. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

Ever since I jailbroke my iPhone 4S my music app will just skip songs and refuse to play them.Never had this happen on my original iphone 3GS only on my current 4S its annoying is there anyone else who has this problem?

2. Mac?Daddy macrumors member

I had something similar to this on my old 3G after a software update, can't remember what software it was (might've even been 2.x). It started out similar to yours and eventually my phone would crash virtually every time I tried to launch my iPod. I was able to do a DFU restore and it fixed the problem. Hope this helps!

3. HUGE AL macrumors regular

This happened/happens to me rarely as well. After considerably Googling, I found that it's a conflict that is randomly brought to the surface when using the player on the phone. Needless to say, some place in the file (ALWAYS an mp3 in my case) there's corruption going on. A simple creation of a new file in iTunes (I use Apple Lossless as much as possible and it's my default when creating music) usually fixes it.

4. DerekRod thread starter macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

Ive DFU'd restored everything is in AAC format(iTunes Match),Ive never had this error before so its weird and annoying,The price I pay for jailbreaking I guess

5. HUGE AL macrumors regular

I wouldn't necessarily chalk it up to jailbreaking as the issue exists for non-jailbroken phones as well.

6. DerekRod thread starter macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

Good point,For some reason though it has only occurred jailbreaking on my 4S.Im not new to jailbreaking but im no expert.I do recall pod2g mentioning this issue though