iPhone Music Artists Rollover to Next Letter

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by TheGoods, Nov 16, 2011.

1. TheGoods macrumors newbie

TheGoods

When I click on Music.app and then artists, the last artist's name from one letter category is rolling over to the next letter in the alphabet. For example, Usher is the last artist in my library that starts with the letter U but ends up under the V subheading. Lynyrd Skynrd is my last L artist and ends up in M. It's perfect up until the J artists but then Justin Timberlake ends up in K and it's wrong the rest of the way down. Occasionally more than one artists rolls over to the next letter. Ex. Switchfoot and System of a Down are both under T.

Anybody know of a way to fix this? Thanks!

(p.s. I joined iTunes Match and I believe that is when the problem began. I love Match though!) Attached is a screenshot of what I'm talking about. iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1

Attached Files:

2. MacObsessed macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem. I tried turning off match, and re-enabling it, but that didn't fix it.

3. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Try toggling it off and on a few times on your phone. It did it to me yesterday, but toggling match off and on twice fixed it.

4. MacObsessed macrumors newbie

For me this problem appeared after I had edited a lot of metadata for songs that had already been added to iCloud/iTunes Match. One of the issues I noticed was that "Various Artist" artist was interspersed throughout my artist list.

I'm not sure this is what fixed it, but I went to Settings>Music>'Group By Album Artist' and toggled it on, and then turned it back off. ... Seems to have fixed it.