Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XedLos

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 6, 2008
So i got Snow Leopard and did a fresh install. I backed up all of my muscic from itunes by just copying the itunes folder from the music folder on my macbook. The thing is now i put my music back to itunes by just replacing the itunes music folder with my backed up one and going to add library. The thing is that now i have no playlists and ratings on my music. Is there anything i can do? I have all of my music on my iphone just as i would want it to have on itunes with playlists and all.

FXT 1

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2009
UK
So i got Snow Leopard and did a fresh install. I backed up all of my muscic from itunes by just copying the itunes folder from the music folder on my macbook. The thing is now i put my music back to itunes by just replacing the itunes music folder with my backed up one and going to add library. The thing is that now i have no playlists and ratings on my music. Is there anything i can do? I have all of my music on my iphone just as i would want it to have on itunes with playlists and all.

I'm not too sure on this, however aren't there iTunes Playlist files that are stored within your iTunes library folder.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1660 Try this

Also your iphone might be remembering playlists from a backup? Perhaps.

Hope this helps. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.