iPhone - music skipping and pausing

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by gnarlsedmond, Aug 10, 2007.

1. gnarlsedmond macrumors newbie

I've noticed a problem when I've been out on a run with my iPhone. Late in the run the music will start stopping and starting and skipping around. I suspect the problem is in the Apple headset. I think sweat is getting into the mouthpiece/pause-advance gismo and sending false signals to the iPhone. I've also noticed (during runs) that the pause-advance feature is inconsistant; sometimes it advances, sometimes not.

I would like to upgrade the headset to the V-Moda Vibe headset as soon as those are available with the call receive/hangup function.

Has anyone else noticed these problems.

2. comacnut macrumors member

I've noticed the same incidents while riding my bike. The music pauses, skips and advances on occasion. I also noticed that the music skipped once while going over a p;particularly rough bump in the road when it was hooked up to the stereo in the Jeep.

3. tgilheany macrumors newbie

I've also had audio files skip occasionally, always while working out. Having just had this happen again, I came across your post. Indeed, when the headphones are in, it skips, and when out, it does not. Headphones appear to be the culprit.