iPhone Music Visualizar yet?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cointreau, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Cointreau macrumors member

Just wondering if anyone has created any sort of visualizer or knows where I can find one, after having looked on the App Store and not finding any.

Yes, I know it would be a battery drain and I am sure many people think it would be useless, but I actually like them for some reason. And after looking at a couple of other threads, many people seemed to think that they would be made after the iPhone 4 came out, so I thought I would check in and see what people know.

Thank you for any information you might have!

2. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

3. applebook macrumors 6502a

applebook

Visualizers are worse than useless because "useless" doesn't suck battery life. Wouldn't you rather close your eyes when listening to music? How about watching a slide-show?

4. eagleglen macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

I'd like too see a music vizualizer to and I don't think they are worthless. Currently Apple doesn't provide an API to allow an app access to audio from the iPod app. An app called Pixi Touch makes nice visuals, but they aren't in sync with the music. It does come with a lot of different pre-set patterns and there is also a free version which is nice.

Another option are internet radio apps with a visualizer mode built in. Two good ones are Tunemark and Spark Radio. You can't play your own music, but there are endless channels to choose from. Since the audio is generated within the app, the visuals are in sync. The visualizer in Tunemark only has one mode, but Spark Radio has about eight settings.

Hope this helps.

5. tctony macrumors 6502a

tctony

Soundhound?

6. iMacDragon macrumors 65816

iMacDragon

I believe that since 4.0 apps can infact load audio files from the ipod app with API to do with them as they want, though they can't I believe listen to the audio stream playing in ipod app, so a vis app could not vis what's playing in ipod app, but could do it's own playlist and vis on that, I think?