iPhone must have feature!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Drewsta84, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Drewsta84 macrumors newbie

Hiya peeps, not sure if this is the correct spot for this, just wanted to vent something I think the iPhone is in need of - that is more function ability with the volume rocker.

for example, I'd love to be able to:

press the volume rocker up/down to change the volume

&

press and hold the volume up/down to skip tracks while listening to the ipod

simply because I don't want to have to take my iPhone out of my pocket to skip to the next track.

using something that is halfway there at the moment on my jailbroken 3gs called volumemc found in cydia that changes the volume rocker to skip tracks, but takes away the ability to change the volume with the rocker.

cheers,

Drew.

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Erm, could you not just use headphones with a remote button? Allows you to pause/skip etc...

3. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

Those headphones suck. Why not include something like this?

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Which ones? You can get an in-line adaptor to let you use any pair of headphones. I think the suggestion is very confusing: holding down the volume adjuster should just keep adjusting the volume.

5. lemonademaker macrumors 6502a

lemonademaker

In a Van Down By The River! Metro Detroit!
    I kinda like the idea.... maybe have an on/off in the settings for that function.....

it will never happen, but i'd find it handy....

6. blancoBronco macrumors 6502a

blancoBronco

doesn't the volume rocker already change the volume?

7. Drewsta84 thread starter macrumors newbie

yes the volume rocker already changes the volume - but wouldn't it be nice to have dual function ability for the volume rocker i.e to control volume & skip tracks.

I used to own a sony ericsson w880i which had this exact feature. saves battery by not having to turn the screen on to change tracks, also saves having to get the iphone out of your pocket to change tracks.

i know there are headphones with controls on them, but i already own a good set of earphones and don't want to change..

8. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Then don't. Just use an adaptor with controls on it. On the upside you also get a mic for making calls further reducing the need to get your phone out.