Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

loddie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2010
I work from home and provide phone support for customers. Is there an app so my Mac Pro will automatically mute when my iPhone rings and resume after the call is over? It would be nice to listen to headphones or speakers without having to consciously worry if the phone has rung. Car stereos do this so I imagine there would be a way to do it in the home. I used the "search" function, but could not find a related thread.:(

Thanks!

pauliphone

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2008
London, UK
Doesn't mute the computer, but I use Notify Pro on the iPhone (paid app but not much) and then Growl on my mac, works over wifi, so iPhone doesn't need to be plugged in...
Gives an audio and visual alert on my screen to show of messages and phone calls

loddie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2010
Paul,

Looks interesting. Might give it a go. The ideal solution has yet to be found.:D

kAoTiX

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2008
Midlands, UK
Could you not just use the iPhone to play the music through your PC then it will mute the audio anyway because the call is coming through.

Just an idea, you probably don't want to be playing music on your iPhone all day though.

loddie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2010
Could you not just use the iPhone to play the music through your PC then it will mute the audio anyway because the call is coming through.

Just an idea, you probably don't want to be playing music on your iPhone all day though.

I had thought of that. However, the library of music I have on the desktop iTunes is much larger. Additionally, the impact on the iphone's battery may not be good. Thanks for the suggestion;)

Corndog5595

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2010
From the PocketMac HoldIt! Website:
content

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.