iPhone nano in the work?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Alphaforcex, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Alphaforcex macrumors member

After playing with Siri for about a week and I couldn't help but think that a iPhone nano with no input keys is actually very possible. What if you have something that is light enough to hang around your neck, or wear like a watch, or just slip inside your wallet or something. It doesn't need to have huge battery because you don't need to power a big screen any more. I guess the question is whether there is a market for that? I think it will pair well with people who has an iPad like me :D

what do you guys think?

2. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

You are the next Steve Jobs! Make it happen!

3. moargolems macrumors regular

Hang around your neck... Wh... Who the **** uses their phone as a necklace?

4. urkel macrumors 68030

The idea of streamlining a phone to its bare minimum while still retaining its more important functions is nice. But the problem always comes at the carrier end where they'll still charge you the same ridiculous data fees which make it silly to spend so much a month on a phone with limited abilities when you can just carry a fully functional iPhone.

Personally, I think carriers should offer cheaper data packages for less functional phones so that they can open up this market because it makes sense nowadays to give kids cellphones (for emergency use which includes some "smart" functionality) but it doesnt make sense to pay $40/mo per kid for it.

5. watchthisspace macrumors 6502a

Hmmm, a smaller iPhone kind of like the iPod Nano line could be do-able. But not when phone's are going towards 4" screens at super high resolution.

Perhaps the point of the iPhone is to be a sleek, slim device that slips in your pocket whilst being able to surf the web, take notes, play games, take photo's. A smaller screen and form factor would kinda ruin a lot of that.. That iPod nano with camera wasn't around for long now wasn't it?

However, no screen? Doubtful. I cannot see many people wanting to walk around talking out loud "Text Brain saying I am in town" or the issues with being in a crowded place..

6. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

I like the concept but I agree that the carriers would still charge to much. I would thing and iPhone accessories, the size of the nano would be nice. IE. the iPhone could be in your pocket and the device would be connected via blutooth. You would be able to use Siri, make calls, view notifications.

7. Alphaforcex thread starter macrumors member

Have you seen any girls partying at the club? Do you know where they hide their IDs and credit cards?? Not all of us are fortunate enough to have pockets all the time. It's very inconvenience for girls wearing dresses to carry a phone. Just thinking out loud though. And I am talking about pairing it with a bluetooth handset.