Iphone needs returning

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by substeel, Feb 14, 2008.

1. substeel macrumors member

I have an out of the box 1.1.1 iPhone that will not allow me to use the slider to unlock the phone. I must admit this phone from day one has been unlocked and used on the t-mobile network so apple knows this phone has never been registered. I restored the phone through iTunes but this has not helped the phone. I believe I have a faulty phone/screen.

So I want to return the phone but online does not seem to be the best option. I think a road trip to the Jacksonville Apple store is in order.

Does anyone have experience trying to return a non registered iPhone? Or if someone has a fix for my phone let me know.

Thanks Guys

2. philgilder macrumors 68000

you wont be able to return it, and theres no fix - only a total replacement
    sorry :(

3. substeel thread starter macrumors member

That's too bad

That's to bad but what I was afraid of. I own every ipod model ever made and some models several of each once I purchased ipods for my daughter and wife.
    But I refuse to switch phone carriers to get the one ipod I have always wanted.

It's going to be a long wait for an open iPhone I have a feeling but I will likely spin the wheel again and hack another iphone.

4. angrygolfer macrumors 6502

Are you within the 14 day return period? I think the only issue would be whether or not you can return it to a store if bought online. Also if you're within the 14 day period, you just tell them that the slider doesn't work so it hasn't been activated.