iPhone NES Help

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Play4keeps, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Play4keeps macrumors regular

Every thing elese seems to be working fine i see the nes app in spring borad and all but how do i get the roms on my iphone

Place your ROM files in /var/root/Media/ROMs/NES
    You will need to use a tool such as iPhoneInterface, iFuntastic, or SSH

Sorry if this sounds dumb but ive used iFuntastic and it wont let me copy my roms folder to the dir:confused:
    thanks

2. akophone macrumors member

3. The General macrumors 601

4. Play4keeps thread starter macrumors regular

5. The General macrumors 601

6. Acehigh macrumors 6502

Easiest way...
    Step 1 Install Frotz (you will see)
    Step 2 uninstall Frotz (that's not it)
    Step 3 install Finder
    Step 4 Launch Finder and rename Frotz to ROMs and the folder inside that to NES (told you to wait see!)
    Step 5 Install ishare
    Step 6 Sign up for iShare (sendspace.com)
    Step 7 Uploaded Roms from your computer to sendspace.com
    Step 8 use iShare to download to your iphone

7. The General macrumors 601

How about I fire up Cyberduck and just drag 'n drop them into my iPhone? :rolleyes:

8. Acehigh macrumors 6502

i tried Cyberduck and it didnt work... so instead of using jailbreak this works...

9. The General macrumors 601

What do you mean jailbreak? Installer.app - > install BSD Subsystem and OpenSSH. Then login with Cyberduck.

When you install Installer.app, that jailbreaks your phone. So I don't really know what you're talking about...

10. erandall38 macrumors 6502

by installing finder you mean installing mobilefinder correct?
    i did that but i can't find frotz, but if you uninstall frotz how are you supposed to find it in the finder anymore?

11. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

This really is the easiest way. Fugu works good too. I have about 10 NES games on the phone now... Mario is hard hell on the iPhone as hell... :rolleyes:

12. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Pocket Universe, nth Dimensional Complex Manifold
    Agreed. I'm primarily on Windows still, so when I brought up my iPhone using my SSH client (which I believe tunnels SFTP alongside it), I have to say... all smiles. Summerboard has changed my entire outlook on my iPhone. Apple's movements have tweaked me a few too many times lately, so I've stopped waiting for the mythical "update", and I'm glad I did. :) That said, after playing Contra, Ninja Gaiden, Donkey Kong, and Popeye... I kind of realized I've lost the taste for those old chestnuts. But, Voice recording, iBlackjack, and Money have given me other reasons to smile. Some wildly talented people out there coming to bear on this platform. I mean, wow.

~ CB