IPhone Newb : Did I buy the right size?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by osakagrl, Jul 1, 2010.

1. osakagrl macrumors newbie

Hi There!

First time making a thread here.
    I had a question for the techies out there.

I bought a 16 GB this last week and my husband is getting the 32GB today.

I wont be loading any movies or heavy apps on the phone. I just would be using it for pictures, movies, and some music. is a 16 GB sufficient enough? are the camera's videos really huge in data size?

Thanks for any input!

2. seeny macrumors regular

welcome

16 should be big enough, i have to ask one thing, you say

"I won't be loading any movies or heavy apps on the phone"

but then say

"I just would be using it for pictures, movies"

if you are going to load a lot of full length moves that maybe the 32 would have been better, but if you mean maybe 1 or 2 moves some pic's and music 16 is fine, probably more than enough ;)

3. osakagrl thread starter macrumors newbie

Im sorry, I should have been more specific. By "Movies" i meant the movies I would take the the camera on the phone :) Short 5-10 minute clips?

4. himni macrumors regular

I would go with 32. It is easy to have extra space but hard to need more space and not have it.

I don't have any movies on my phone and I still use most of my space. It is easy to fill the space up with apps.

5. melterx12 macrumors 6502a

i filmed 1 minute 720p video, came out to 75mb. iPhone 4 16GB has actual 14GB usable space, about 200mb are used up by the system. the total usable space by the owner is 13.8GB.