Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

osakagrl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
Hi There!

First time making a thread here.
I had a question for the techies out there.

I bought a 16 GB this last week and my husband is getting the 32GB today.

I wont be loading any movies or heavy apps on the phone. I just would be using it for pictures, movies, and some music. is a 16 GB sufficient enough? are the camera's videos really huge in data size?

Thanks for any input!

seeny

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2008
welcome

16 should be big enough, i have to ask one thing, you say

"I won't be loading any movies or heavy apps on the phone"

but then say

"I just would be using it for pictures, movies"

if you are going to load a lot of full length moves that maybe the 32 would have been better, but if you mean maybe 1 or 2 moves some pic's and music 16 is fine, probably more than enough ;)

osakagrl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
Im sorry, I should have been more specific. By "Movies" i meant the movies I would take the the camera on the phone :) Short 5-10 minute clips?

himni

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2009
I would go with 32. It is easy to have extra space but hard to need more space and not have it.

I don't have any movies on my phone and I still use most of my space. It is easy to fill the space up with apps.

melterx12

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2010
Hi There!

First time making a thread here.
I had a question for the techies out there.

I bought a 16 GB this last week and my husband is getting the 32GB today.

I wont be loading any movies or heavy apps on the phone. I just would be using it for pictures, movies, and some music. is a 16 GB sufficient enough? are the camera's videos really huge in data size?

Thanks for any input!

i filmed 1 minute 720p video, came out to 75mb. iPhone 4 16GB has actual 14GB usable space, about 200mb are used up by the system. the total usable space by the owner is 13.8GB.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.