iPhone Newb, Should I activate End of Month for Billing?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by abercrombie, Mar 24, 2009.

1. abercrombie macrumors regular

abercrombie

I'm going to be receiving my refurbished iPhone in the mail tomorrow from my online order.

I want my billing to be near the end of the month or near after the first is acceptable. Not somewhere in between.

How do they determine when billing starts??? :p

:apple:

2. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

I think you'll receive a bill for a half month (I don't know how much that is) and then a full month after your first full month of service, but I'm not sure on this one.

David

3. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

It really is a null concern. You will simply be responsible for a partial 'pro-rated' month if you activate mid-cycle.

4. MacNoobie macrumors 6502a

MacNoobie

When I did mine on the 11th of January AT&T prorated the charges from the 11th so I basically paid ~$2.60 for that "day" and the regular $40 for the 450 min plan + $30 for the data plan. Billing starts the day the phone was activated so I assume the day or day after you ordered your refurbished.

For billing purposes the dates don't matter if you're at the beginning or half the months gone by but mentally its a drag realizing any minutes/text limits reset at lets say the 15th of each month when you're ready for a new month.