Iphone Newbie Advice on upgrades and jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by aaran7, Jan 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aaran7 macrumors newbie

Help & Advice Needed Iphone Newbie!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hey everyone I hope im in the right area, basically I am a complete newbie to the Iphone world! I bought it in October from ebay and the previous people left everything on it! Since then I have been getting use to and I have managed to save my sim numbers to windows contacts and saved any music and movies i wanted also using an Ipod Ripping Software.

I need help and advice on upgrades and jailbreaking? The phone is 3G 16gb 2.2.1 version. currently I dnt have many problems my battery life is not the best but apparently apple says i get enough usage out of it!

I have read a lot of different reviews from loads of different sites about diff software updates? I was wondering if anyone reccommends any? any common problems? or safest options? and if i do incur any problems apple say u cannot go back to normal? is there any ways i can do this?

Also once I have updated it and sorted my ipod out, i want to jailbreak it for free apps like tom tom etc. my phone is not within warranty. if any one could provide the easiest method to jailbreaking that would be great also?

Thanks so much, any advice u can give, is good advice lol! :confused:

P.S. Im on O2 if that makes a difference also!

Newbie Aaran

2. aaran7 thread starter macrumors newbie

basically i updated iphone to 3.1.2. via itunes. it seems to be fine with no problems at all. u quoted to buy the update? i thort 3.1.2 is free? cus it didnt charge me for it? :S

I am already on o2 and my phone is working with o2 so i dont need to unlock it, but thanks for that part.

im gona do the jailbreak next, i know it sounds silly but can i ask wa are the main things of doin that? the jailbreak? people say u can do alot with jailbreaking? i thort its to get other apps free?

Can I ask also you to briefly explain what SnOw, Installous, cydia, appulous and appsync 3.1 are? what do they each do?

thank you once again so much for ur help, i really appreciate it!

3. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

Asking for help with pirating software is not allowed on MR. Please do not request this again.

And next time please post jailbreak questions in the iPhone/iPod Hacks section.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.