Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

friutabagle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 22, 2008
ok. im new to all this.
i just got a unactivated iphone 16g as a gift.
and i dont want a contract. so i was wondering exactly how i can get the pay-as-you-go option this the iphone.

iv read some other posts about it, but i still dont know exactly whats going on. i currently do not have a go-phone, but i do have a tracfone. does that help at all?

if you do have advise for me. shoot me an email at Icesparrow37@yahoo.com

slapguts

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2008
Which version? The 2G, or the 3G?

If a 2G, pick up a cheap AT&T GoPhone, activate it on a Pick Your Plan service, and swap the SIM into your new iPhone. Dial 611, and go through the menu options and choose the "Unlimited Media Net" option.

Ta-da.

ppc750fx

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2008
If a 2G, pick up a cheap AT&T GoPhone, activate it on a Pick Your Plan service, and swap the SIM into your new iPhone. Dial 611, and go through the menu options and choose the "Unlimited Media Net" option.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't AT&T kill off the Unlimited MEdiaNet feature package a month or so ago?

kinkster

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2008
Yeah unlimited media net is gone.

On the 2g iphone you could put in 999999 as you SS number and it would let you get it with prepaid service, still probably true on the 3G but im not sure.

I also don't know if you can just pop a prepaid SIM in and it will let you use it.

if you can't, you'll be able to unlock it on soon and then it will certainly work fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.