iPhone newbie - Mail password issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by danst, Feb 19, 2008.

1. danst macrumors newbie

Hi all;

I just got my iPhone today off Ebay, I think it has been "jailbreaked" for any O2 sim card. So far I am really please with the phone but there are 2 issues that are causing me a headache.

1. When I setup a pop3 mail account the phone forgets my password, this happens as soon as I exit the settings.

2. The phone forgets my Wi Fi passwords

I expect these issues may have come up before and I have spent hours trying to find a fix. I have downloaded 1.1.3 Mailfix to try and resolve my mail issue but it hasnt worked. I am new to iphones and dont have experience of cracking them. I read on here about "SSH" 'ing to the mail folder and deleting it but I'm not sure what SSH'ing is. Can anyone offer a newbie some advice please.

Thanks very much

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

SSH is a process to connect to another computer, similar to Telnet. It is usually accessed in Terminal by typing 'ssh -l username server'

As for SSHing to the iPhone, I have been reluctant to jailbreak, but I think it may be self explanitory.

As for the password thing, Make sure you use the button at the top of the screen to go back and not the home button. The home button will cancel all your changes.

TEG

3. danst thread starter macrumors newbie

Teg;

Thanks for your reply, I use the back button until I get to the Settings list (the list shows: Airplane Mode / Wi-Fi / Carrier / Usage etc etc) its at this point I have to press the Home button and in doing so the password gets lost as you rightly said.

PS phone is running firmware 1.1.3

4. Akitakoi macrumors regular

Akitakoi

If your on AT&T you can restore your phone and use ziphone to jailbreak it. Only check jailbreak when you do it.;)

Fixed mine.

5. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Question....

Does your iPhone sync your email account with your computer? If so, is the password saved on your mail program there? I ran into that with one of my accounts.

TEG

6. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN

I had the same mail password problem and if the jailbreaker used Nate Trues way you have to install the fix from installer, but for me I just re jailbroke it and that worked fine.