Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BLDun

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 22, 2005
I just purchased a new G3 today. I downloaded my iTunes files but now would like to edit the songs in ipod. I would like to delete some but can't figure how to do it. Any help?

Thanks

Tom B.

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2006
London
Your best option would probably be to make a playlist of all of the music that you want on your iPhone, then only tell your iPhone to sync music from that playlist.

BLDun

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 22, 2005
Probably, but I have already loaded the songs on the iPhone and can't figure how to move some of them to the trash or just get rid of them.

Tom B.

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2006
London
Just re-sync your iPhone. It will delete any music which it is no longer instructed to sync.

cwwilson

macrumors 68000
Jan 27, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
Just remove songs from the Library in iTunes and upon syncing your phone it will remove them from the phone as well.

If you want to edit songs just right-click (on PC) > Get Info. You can also get album arts by right-clicking and selecting "Get Album Artwork" and it will get them instantly from the iTunes Store! Just make sure your songs are labeled correctly.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
In summary, you can't edit the music you have on your phone. You must connect to iTunes to add/change anything.

siorai

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2007
In summary, you can't edit the music you have on your phone. You must connect to iTunes to add/change anything.

Wrong. Just select the option to manually manage your music.

Ooops.. Read that wrong. Of course you have to connect to iTunes, but syncing the phone is not the only way to add/remove music from the phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.