Iphone Newbie

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by charliegme, Oct 2, 2011.

1. charliegme macrumors newbie

Was just issued used Iphone 3g that had no apps, pics, songs on it. Have had it a couple weeks and did purchase one app. Now I want to sync with my itunes. I'm an Itunes idiot also. Tried this but nothing synced. How do I change this phone to my info and sync and keep this one app. Phone says Toms Iphone and I'm not Tom.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

Go to the screen that shows the phones information in iTunes and click on the 'restore' tab. When asked/if asked to backup the phone say no and let iTunes take over. Once the phone is restored it may ask to restore from a backup and if it does just click no and have a fresh install.

Make sure to have your SIM in it before you restore otherwise the phone will not activate back up after you do a clean install.

3. z3r0inc macrumors regular

You should probably do a full restore. With an iPhone 3g, the best version to use is 3.1. Google "3.1 ipsw" and follow the instructions to restore the phone.

Good luck!

4. charliegme thread starter macrumors newbie

5. z3r0inc macrumors regular

You won't lose your app if you bought it with your apple ID. You will have to redownload it though.

6. batting1000 macrumors 604

Once you purchase an app or get one for free that was put on sale, you are free to redownload the app as many times as you need as long as it's with the same Apple ID.