iPhone newbie

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rudiecantfail, Nov 11, 2008.

1. rudiecantfail macrumors newbie

So my contract for my Sidekick is ending, and I'm thinking of getting an iPhone. The plan I have right now on my Sidekick is a data plan where I have unlimited internet use, texting, AIM acess, etc. I don't even have a phone plan, I rarely talk on the phone, mostly texting, so I just pay $.20 a minute. Is there a plan like this for iPhones? Any tips for newbies? Thank you.

2. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

You'd have to check the AT&T site for different rates, but it sounds like they'll be more than what you have. The iPhone is worth it though. ;)

3. btbrossard macrumors 6502a

At&t has a FAQ page set up for the iPhone, located here:

at&t FAQ

The cheapest plan for the iPhone is $69.99 for 450 minutes (no texting included). To add unlimited texting, it's another $20 per month.

Is the iPhone worth the increased cost? I think it is.

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Why don't you use your iPhone on T-Mobile? You can use a similar plan with the Tzones internet and unlimited texting. I use my iPhone 3G on T-mobile. I love it.

5. rudiecantfail thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the responses. I wasn't aware I could use an iPhone with T-mobile?

6. thealmeidas1022 macrumors newbie

thealmeidas1022

Thats because he forgot to mention that you would have to jailbreak the phone before you can use it on t-mobile :D

7. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Yes you would. Or if it is the 3g iPhone you can insert a Gevey 3G sim card or something similar. With the card you don't even have to jailbreak, but your service will be less reliable. If you buy the 1st gen iPhone you can run quickpwn or pwnagetool and easy unlock it that way. :D