Iphone - No App store / itunes on t-mobile uk over 3g

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eddy5000, Feb 25, 2009.

1. eddy5000 macrumors newbie

Hi,
    Still wondering if I am the only one that can only connect to the app store or itunes over wifi and not over 3g?
    Im quite sure its a block of some kind, as it does work with another sim and while roaming abroad.

I have tried all I could think of:
    Its jailbroken 2.2.1 T-Mobile UK. Removing "com.apple.mobile.installation.plist" did not solve the problem - it just comes back after a reboot. I've tried rebooting it in several ways (Bossprefs, power off/on) to no avail.
    Then I got tired of it and completely reinstalled the phone from scratch. After Pwning/Yellowsnowing, i did not recover the previous iphone data in Itunes, so that's a proper clean install. Without doing anything else, I tried the app store first thing and it gave the same "Cannot connect.." Safari did work so the connection was fine.
    Then I entered my original o2 sim to which it was previously locked, and it did work.. But still not on T-mobile UK. While roaming abroad with T-mobile UK sim it also works.

Any hints are very welcome.

2. Haephestos macrumors regular

It is probably a limiter on the network's mobile data cells in the UK. When I was over there on hols, I could browse it on O2, but not on T-Mobile.

3. eddy5000 thread starter macrumors newbie

Haephestos, do you mean you used a non-uk sim?

4. marcosscriven macrumors regular

Hi there

Anyone still having issues with not being able to access the app store over t-mobile 3g (UK)?

I still can't access it - I've a feeling T-Mobile must've blocked it deliberately.

Marcos