iPhone --> No Edge in DC area

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CTK2651, Oct 29, 2007.

1. CTK2651 macrumors member

This weekend (part of Saturday and most of Sunday) I had no Edge service. Icon gone, widgets wouldn't update, etc. As of this morning (Monday) still nothing, but on the way to work Edge suddenly reappeared and everything is fine.

During the 'no Edge' period, tried to figure it out. I made several attempts at resetting the phone, turned wifi, data roaming, airplane mode settings off and on, even reset network, etc. and nothing seemed to make a difference.

Just curious ....

2. '73-B macrumors regular

I live in the DC area (Falls Church) and had no problems with Edge service over the weekend. The closest to downtown I got was Old Town Alexandria. Perhaps it was a very localized problem?

3. CTK2651 thread starter macrumors member

73-b

I still think it was my phone, but would have thought a phone reset or even reset network connection would have fixed it? :confused:

And I'm actually in the Reston/Herndon area.

4. ocrts macrumors newbie

I live in Bethesda and was in DC, Baltimore and in between with no problems with Edge service all weekend.

5. DeadlyB macrumors member

That doesn't sound right. You should contact support about that.

6. pugnut macrumors 6502a

North Arlingtion-Edge Issue

I had the same issue with my iPhone and Blackberry this weekend. AT said there was a issue and related to the tower removal on Lee Highway. Should be fixed now.

7. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

It was not your iPhone. In the DC area there was an outage over the weekend. All should be normal again now.

8. CTK2651 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, but ...

... how did you know. Reason I'm asking is that I assumed if I called ATT they would have no clue.

9. badtzmaru macrumors 6502

i didn't experience any problems over the weekend. I was all over the place too -- Pentagon City, Georgetown, Clarendon, DC proper. I always had the E symbol.