Iphone no more charging

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by topher004, Aug 23, 2011.

1. topher004 macrumors newbie

Well i had no problem with my iphone (3gs - 32gb)
    But since i formatted my pc, i could no more detect it on my pc..
    (it keeps saying unknown device)
    I thought it was my usb driver, but it's not the case since i can use my pendrive, wireless mouse/keyboard, netgear and speaker(usb port) without problem.. And which is weird is that sometimes(not always well let's say really really rarely) it detects the phone! Thus i was forced to charge with the socket.

But today i could not even charge it with my socket :-S

I was thinking the port where i put my usb cable(below the iphone) was out of order now.
    But when i switch off the phone and connect it to my pc - i just saw the apple logo - switch on (without that i touch anything) but not charging...

I don't know what's going on with this phone..

Help please :-S

I can't return it to the apple store, since it's someone from another country who sent this phone to me!

2. accessoriesguy macrumors 6502a

3. mjahrami macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I had the same problem with my iPod touch, at the end I discovered that the problem was with the cable it self after reporting it to apple.

4. marsmissions macrumors 6502

marsmissions

5. topher004 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for quick reply guys.
    Yes i re-installed itunes (twice)
    I even re-downloaded the setup to test.
    @Jahrami did your ipod just turn on(without charging) when you connect it to your pc?(if it's switch off) I hope it's the cable. But i don't think, since each i connect it, my pc detect an unknown device. :mad: